Everton destroyed a tiny Austrian town 22-0 in a friendly game
Whatâs the best solution for a middling Premier League season? Destroy a tiny town!
While the worldâs brightest stars were in Russia closing out the World Cup, Everton was in the middle of Austria â" in a town with just 2,700 people â" absolutely demolishing the local side.
Oddly, this has become a bit of a thing for the town of Irdning. According to the townâs brief Wikipedia page, Irdningâs remote location has made it a mainstay for international teams to come and practice, away from the eyes of the international media. Real Madrid has traveled to Irdning in the past, as have AS Roma â" and perhaps most notable the English national team ahead of the 2010 World Cup.
The only three fun facts I could learn about Irdning:
- Nobody knows the townâs origins because the documents were lost.
- One of the local attractions is the incredibly-na med âCastle Gumpenstein.â
- The official tourism motto of Irdning is short, and to the point.
All in all I think all we learned is that Everton are meanies.
Next Up In #Lookit
- LeBron James and his $500 Lakers shorts were the focus of the Summer League on Sunday
- What the heck were the World Cup flag holders wearing?
- This psychic parrot picked France to win the World Cup ... OR DID IT?!
- Billy Hamilton scales the wall to bring back a home run < li> DeAngelo Williams got hit with a steel chair in his return to pro wrestling
- This absolutely bonkers hand set the final table at the World Series of Poker